Welcome to our blog post featuring an Instant Pot fish and sweet potato dog food recipe! If you’re a busy pet parent looking for a quick and convenient way to prepare a nutritious meal for your dog, you’re in luck.
In this article, we will guide you through the steps to create a delicious homemade dog food using the Instant Pot. This recipe combines the health benefits of fish and sweet potatoes, providing a balanced and wholesome diet for your beloved canine. Get ready to save time in the kitchen while giving your dog a meal that is both tasty and nourishing!
Makes approximately 11 lbs*
- 4 lbs 8 oz Pacific Cod
- 3 lbs 3 oz Sweet Potatoes
- With skin
- 3 lbs 3 oz Russet Potatoes
- With skin
- 6 oz Green Beans
- Finely chopped
- 6 oz Broccoli
- Finely chopped
- 5.75 oz Safflower Oil
- 4 tbsp JustFoodForDogsFish & Sweet Potato DIY Nutrient Blend
Note: As with any dog food recipe, it is essential that it is complete and balanced. This recipe is nothing without the DIY Nutrient Blend, which is formulated specifically for each recipe to meet AAFCO recommendations. The blend is compounded from 100% human-grade nutraceuticals regulated by the FDA. As such, it is vital that you follow this recipe exactly as it is written.
1. Wash all vegetables thoroughly.
2. Finely chop or dice all vegetables.
3. Use fresh vegetables whenever possible, but if 1 or 2 items must be frozen, make sure there are no added ingredients such as salt or sugar.
4. Be sure to use ripe potatoes without any shades of green.
5. Cut cod into smaller portions.
Instant Pot Cooking Instructions
1. Add cod, russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, and broccoli to the Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water. To avoid a “Burn Error,” be sure to mix well and scrape the bottom of the pot after adding water.
2. Set Instant Pot setting to “Pressure Cook” for 10 minutes.
3. After the 10-minute timer goes off, release pressure and check to see if ingredients are thoroughly cooked (soft to the touch). Simmer for an additional 10 minutes, if needed.
4. After it has completely cooled to the touch, place the food in a large mixing bowl and slowly sprinkle in the Fish & Sweet Potato DIY Nutrient Blend along with the oils required in the recipe. Mix these in thoroughly.
5. Portion into individual serving sizes and store in refrigerator or freezer. Stored in the refrigerator this recipe will stay fresh 3-4 days and up to one year in the freezer.
Instant Pot Serving Size Instructions
Now you have learned how to make homemade fish and sweet potato dog food using the Instant Pot. This cooking method allows for quick and efficient meal preparation, perfect for busy pet parents.
By using fresh ingredients and the Instant Pot’s pressure cooking capabilities, you can provide your dog with a nutritious and flavorful meal in no time. Remember to consult with your veterinarian regarding your dog’s specific dietary needs and portion sizes.
With this Instant Pot recipe, you can easily incorporate healthy ingredients into your dog’s diet and ensure their well-being. Give this fish dog food recipe a try and let your dog enjoy a delightful meal that is both convenient and nutritious!
*All weights indicated are raw or dry weight.
Prefer to make a smaller batch? This printable PDF includes instructions for full and half batches of food.