Welcome to our Instant Pot Ground Lamb & Brown Rice Dog Food Recipe! This homemade meal is packed with nutritious ingredients and can be prepared quickly and easily using an Instant Pot.
Your dog will love this delicious and wholesome dish that you can make right at home. Say goodbye to store-bought dog food and give your canine companion a special treat with our lamb and rice recipe. Let’s get started!
Makes approximately 13 lbs*
- 4 lbs Ground Lamb
- 85% lean/15% fat
- 5 oz Lamb Liver
- Diced or ground
- 2 lbs 4 oz Long-Grain Brown Rice
- 16 oz Cauliflower
- Finely chopped
- 16 oz Carrots
- Finely chopped
- 4 oz Spinach
- Finely chopped
- 2 oz Blueberries
- Fresh or frozen
- 4 tsp Safflower Oil
- 2 tsp JustFoodForDogs Omega Plus Fish Oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp JustFoodForDogs Lamb & Brown Rice DIY Nutrient Blend
Note: As with any dog food recipe, it is essential that it is complete and balanced. This recipe is nothing without the DIY Nutrient Blend, which is formulated specifically for each recipe to meet AAFCO recommendations. The blend is compounded from 100% human-grade nutraceuticals regulated by the FDA. As such, it is vital that you follow this recipe exactly as it is written.
1. Wash all vegetables thoroughly.
2. Finely chop or dice all vegetables.
3. Use fresh fruits and vegetables whenever possible, but if 1 or 2 items must be frozen, make sure there are no added ingredients such as salt or sugar.
Instant Pot Cooking Instructions
1. Add lamb, lamb liver, carrots, cauliflower and spinach to the Instant Pot. Use the “Saute” setting at 5 minutes with the lid removed to begin browning the lamb. Stir in order to break up the larger chunks of meat. After 5 minutes, turn off Instant Pot.
2. Add brown rice and blueberries to the pot along with 1 ½ cups of water. To avoid a “Burn Error,” be sure to mix well and scrape the bottom of the pot after adding water. Use the “Pressure Cook” setting on “High” for 15 minutes. Once the timer goes off, allow food to simmer for 5 minutes, to soften the rice, before releasing the pressure.
3. Check to ensure ingredients are cooked thoroughly (soft to the touch).
4. Once all ingredients are cooked, allow food to cool.
5. After it has completely cooled to the touch, place the food in a large mixing bowl and slowly sprinkle in the Lamb & Brown Rice DIY Nutrient Blend along with the oils required in the recipe. Mix these in thoroughly.
6. Portion into individual serving sizes and store in the refrigerator or freezer. This recipe will remain fresh in your refrigerator for 3-5 days and up to one year in the freezer.
Instant Pot Serving Size Instructions
We hope you and your pet enjoy this Instant Pot Ground Lamb & Brown Rice Dog Food Recipe. By preparing your dog’s meals at home, you have full control over the quality of ingredients and can ensure that your dog receives a balanced and nutritious diet.
Remember to follow the preparation instructions carefully and use fresh ingredients whenever possible. This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer, providing your dog with delicious and healthy meals for days to come. Try it today!
Prefer to make a smaller batch? This printable PDF includes instructions for full and half batches of food.
*All weights indicated are raw or dry weight.