Newly Reformulated Recipe!
- High-Quality Digestible Protein
- Controlled Complex Carbohydrate Sources
- Controlled Fat
- Increased Fiber
- 52 Calories Per Ounce
Select Styles for Availability
Our Metabolic Support diet is formulated to support a healthy metabolism through its great taste and high fiber. We use optimal varied sources of complex carbohydrates in this recipe to support your dog's appetite and help them feel satiated throughout the day.
We hand-prepare this metabolic dog food diet in open kitchens using turkey breast, oats, butternut squash, beef liver, whole psyllium husk, and fish oil.
Ask your veterinarian how our Metabolic Support diet can support your dog’s healthy metabolism.
About Our Newly Reformulated Metabolic Support Diet for Dogs:
- Acorn squash and egg whites were replaced with butternut squash.
- The portions of animal proteins and oats were adjusted to maintain the right balance of high protein, fiber-forward, and controlled carbohydrates that helps your dog thrive.
- More calories, less moisture, the same amount of fat. The caloric density per ounce has increased from 34 to 52 calories, but the amount of fat is still 3.6g of fat per 100 calories. This means your dog will need to eat less food to get the same number of calories and percentage of fat.
- There are new feeding recommendations for this recipe. If your dog has been on this diet, please use the calculator above to determine new serving sizes.
Safe Food Handling
- Storage and Thawing: Store in the freezer, thaw in the refrigerator.
- Shelf-Life: Frozen meals, up to 18 months in the freezer. Thawed meals stay fresh when sealed in the original package for up to 7 days. Once opened, use within 5 days.
- GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
- Crude Protein (min.) 15.0%
- Crude Fat (min.) 5.5%
- Crude Fat (max.) 7.0%
- Crude Fiber (max.) 2.0%
- Moisture (max.) 62%
- Eicosapentaenoic (EPA) & Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) (min.) 0.03%
Calorie Content Per KGCalorie Content (Calculated):
1818 kcal ME/kg; 52 kcal ME/oz 936 kcal ME/18 oz; 3744 kcal ME/72 oz
JustFoodForDogs Metabolic Support is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles for maintenance. p>
Turkey breast is a high-quality source of lean protein and contains selenium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, and B vitamins.
Whole oats are used as a nutritious source of dietary fiber. Specific to metabolic disease, oats have been shown to support insulin sensitivity in a randomized, double-blind clinical trial in humans. Oats have also been shown to support favorable changes in cholesterol (hyperlipidemia) and have high satiety scores, making them an excellent ingredient choice for a metabolic diet.
Butternut squash is extremely nutritious and rich in antioxidants like vitamin C and dietary fiber. It is also high in B vitamins, which are great for overall energy and digestion. Butternut squash is also rich in beta-carotene as a source of vitamin A, which is important for healthy vision.
Beef liver is a protein-packed, nutrient-dense food that is also abundant in vitamin A, which is great for vision! In addition to supporting healthy vision, beef liver is also great for red blood cell health as it is a rich source of heme iron (the most absorbable form of iron). Beef liver is also high in vitamin B12, minerals, and essential fatty acids (omega-3 and -6), which help boost energy and support a healthy coat and immune system.
Whole Psyllium Husk
Whole psyllium husk is used medicinally as a source of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber provides a filling effect and can also promote steady glucose absorption. Diets with increased dietary fiber have been clinically proven to improve blood glucose curves in conjunction with insulin therapy.
Icelandic premium fish oil provides omega-3 fatty acids in highly biologically available forms of EPA and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids are important for maintaining healthy skin, a shiny coat, and brain development during growth.
Sunflower oil is a natural and medicinal oil pressed from the seeds of the sunflower and is rich in essential unsaturated fatty acids such as linoleic acid.
JustFoodForDogs Nutrient Blend
The JustFoodForDogs Nutrient Blend is formulated specifically for each recipe to meet AAFCO recommendations. The blend is compounded from 100% human-grade nutraceuticals regulated by the FDA.
Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Coconut Oil, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tryptophan, Magnesium Amino Acid Chelate, Taurine, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin E Supplement, Selenium Yeast, Ferrous Fumarate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Cholecalciferol (source of Vitamin D3), Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide.